Book review posted from Napier Read 'N' Chat


The Truth by Michael Palin

Here is an author well know for his travel and facts, but in this book he establishes himself as a good fiction writer with a very credible storyline. He introduces the main character strongly and immediately you become immersed in the story and want to know what happens to him ; even though his present career looks to be at an end. The subject is topical and after I had read the book I was left thinking about the issues. There were interesting twists and turns in the plot. I found it a very enjoyable read and liked they way Palin lead from one character to another and one event to another, but never lost the plot, but increased the interest.
As I read at night I took to reading passages to my husband who is doing a creative writing course. I thought they were particularly vivid and demonstrated excellent creative writing. Guess what?
he read the book fervently!

Comments